Monday, November 3, 2008

My couples night

Okay so I have to give my husband props. He went all out this date night. We started at the Secret Garden play at the Cascade. We went to dinner with my sister and her boyfriend at Outback. He not only looked amazing but it was one of those times that everything was going right and everyone was happy...After that was bowling. I cant remember laughing so much on a date. We had such a great time. He blew me away when afterwards he said he had a suprise for me and took me to The Hilton...A room with a view of the river and champaign and chocolate covered strawberries! He had somehow managed to cover the floor and bed in rose petals before he picked me up for the play. We went dancing with Matt and Jamie, I forgot how much I looooove dancing. The rock bar we went to was Jonnys and the band played the best cover songs....it beat the pants off of the stupid rap stuff they play at the other clubs in town. I felt sexy and cherished and like a princess the whole night. After so long of feeling emotionally flat lined I felt a break in the ice and like I was breathing and my heart was beating. It wasn't just that night that did it, it has been a long road of rebuilding my heart but something about the thought and time he put in to make sure my night was fantastic was just what I needed.
Not that Chad will ever read this blog but for some reason if you do, Sugar-thank you. Thank you for that night, for your patience with all of the nights I wasn't emotionally avaliable in the past. amd for the days that were so long. For comming home to your family every night, happy to see us. For being a friend, brother, lover and confidant to me all this time. I love you from the bottom of my soul and can't imagine one single day with out you. Im so elated that we made it through the worst of times to come upon this chapter in our lives. This love was made to last forever and I feel it now like it has its own life, its own heart beating inside of me. You are my soul mate and I am forever yours.

7 comments:

sarah said...

That was amazing, Angie! It is so amazing to see that kind of love!!!

Unknown said...

Saturday night was awesome. I think we need to do that more often. I totally felt the same way after we came home. Just a nice little spice to the marriage that is needed every once and a while. Makes me appreciate that sexy man standing next to me even if they aren't the best dancers. haha. Yea for dancing!!! You are my new dance partner besides my husband of course. It's so great getting to know you guys. We enjoy hanging out with you two!

Juliette said...

Way to go Chad! That was a touching blog Angie - its so awesome to hear about a marriage thriving and growing in this day and age.

Unknown said...

rose pedals huh...is that better than laundry?

Anna said...

That's so cool Angie! I love hearing stuff like that, it warms my heart. :) And don't ever forget that you are a princess!!!

Leah said...

This is awesome! Mad props to Chad! We miss you guys so much, tell Chad we said hi....

Pearcia LaPointe said...

Just wanted to say hey. Finally met you at church this morning. I love knowing that the Stirring is specifically focusing on "stirring" our love for our partners. Sounds like you have a great one! I look forward to getting to know you better and double dating sometime!